English Education M.Ed.
If you want to reinvigorate your passion for working with youth while deepening your knowledge of teaching literature, composition, and more, the English Education M.Ed. may be right for you. You must be certified in secondary English education (grades 6-12).
In addition, this degree can be leveraged to transition into an alternative career requiring a background and expertise in English education and related areas.
- Have at least 3 years of experience teaching English, grades 6-12.
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50.
- Are able to take courses in the afternoon and evenings.
- Seek opportunities to enhance and further their professional teaching practices.
- Have a desire to transition into an alternative career that leverages your background as an English educator.
- Plan to use the Master’s degree in English Education to pursue an Ed.D. or Ph.D. in the future.
- Atlanta Public Schools
- Cobb County School District
- DeKalb County School District
- Fulton County School District
- Gwinnett County School District
- Private schools and other
Course Description & Classes
Visit our graduate admissions page for:
- application deadlines
- application requirements
- how to apply
If you need information about a program in our College, fill out our request information form.