Georgia Tech B.S./M.A.T. Collaboration
- Students must participate in pre-advising sessions with faculty in their academic department and the Director of Pre-Teaching at Georgia Tech.
- Students must have completed at least 30 hours of academic credit at Georgia Tech.
- Students must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- Students may apply to the option at any time after completing 30 hours but prior to completing 90 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Applicants are applying for early acceptance into a M.A.T. program and therefore must submit the following documentation in addition to meeting the GPA requirement.
- Complete the B.S./M.A.T. application form. This will be kept on file in both the student’s academic major department and in the office of the Director of Pre-Teaching at Georgia Tech.
- 2-3 letters of recommendation: (a) one academic or professional letter; (b) one letter from someone who can evaluate the applicant’s personal qualifications, experience, and background in light of potential to work successfully with adolescents; (c) one letter from a current work supervisor, if applicable.
- Documentation of previous work experience (resume or curriculum vitae).
- Personal statement of goals and/or reasons for teaching.
- Successful interview with the faculty in the Department of Middle and Secondary Education.
Course description and classes
Mary Ariail, Associate Chair
- Formal acceptance into the M.A.T. portion of the program will be contingent upon the following:
- Maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at Georgia Tech;
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in a field appropriate for the MAT program;
- Submission of passing scores on the GACE Basic Program Admissions Assessment (formerly Basic Skills Test) or demonstrate an exemption upon application to the program. The current options for satisfying the Basic Program Admissions Assessment, including the exemptions, are outlined at www.gapsc.com/documentation/basicskillsinfo.asp. Under “Basic Program Admissions Assessment,” go to “Options to Satisfy the Basic Program Admissions Assessment Requirement”.
- Submission of acceptable GRE scores;
- Filing an application to the M.A.T. program by the appropriate deadline.
View the Collaborative Program Guide for this program.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,”serif”;}