English Education M.A.T.
The English Education master's is one of seven TEEMS1 Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree programs designed for students who hold a bachelor’s degree and wish to obtain an initial teaching certification in secondary English, grades 6-12.
1Teacher Education in English, ESOL, Mathematics, Middle Level Education, Social Studies and Science (TEEMS)
- Has earned a bachelor's degree in English or the equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Has a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50.
- Seeks an initial teaching certification in middle/secondary level education (grades 6-12) English Language Arts.
- Has passed the Entrance exams: GACE Program Admission and Georgia Educator Ethics.
- Atlanta Public Schools
- Cobb County School District
- DeKalb County School District
- Fulton County School District
- Gwinnett County School District
|TEEMS Contact||Program Coordinator|
|Ms. Stephanie Loomis||Michelle Zoss, Ph.D.|
Course Description & Classes
Visit our graduate admissions page for:
- application deadlines
- application requirements
- how to apply
Want more information? Fill this out.