English Education M.A.T.
If you have a passion for subjects related to literacy, writing composition, and language, and have little or no experience teaching middle or high school students, the English Education M.A.T. program may be right for you.
The English Education master's is one of seven TEEMS1 Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree programs designed for students who hold a bachelor’s degree and wish to obtain an initial teaching certification in secondary English, grades 6-12.
1Teacher Education in English, ESOL, Mathematics, Middle Level Education, Social Studies and Science (TEEMS)
- Has earned a bachelor's degree in English or the equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Has a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50.
- Seeks an initial teaching certification in middle/secondary level education (grades 6-12) English Language Arts.
- Has passed the Entrance exams: GACE Program Admission and Georgia Educator Ethics.
- Atlanta Public Schools
- Cobb County School District
- DeKalb County School District
- Fulton County School District
- Gwinnett County School District
|TEEMS Contact||Program Coordinator|
|Ms. Stephanie Loomis||Michelle Zoss, Ph.D.|
Course Description & Classes
For information about application steps, requirements and deadlines for graduate school, visit our extensive Graduate Admissions Information page.