Mathematics Education M.A.T.
Teacher Education in English, English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Mathematics, Middle Level Education, Social Studies and Science (TEEMS) is offered through the Department of Middle and Secondary Education. Mathematics Education is one of seven TEEMS Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree programs designed for students who hold a bachelor’s degree and wish to obtain an initial teaching certification in their chosen field.
According to the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, math teachers ensure all students have access to, and are empowered by, the opportunities mathematics affords. If you have a passion for subjects related to algebra, geometry, statistics and calculus, and you have little or no experience teaching middle or high school students, this master’s program may be right for you.
- Provides individuals with an interest in teaching mathematics education at the secondary level (6-12) with initial teacher certification.
In order to qualify for a Georgia educator initial teaching certification, our program prepares students to meet the following Georgia Professional Standards Commission requirements:
- GACE Program Admission Assessment
- GACE Content Assessment
- Georgia Educator Ethics Assessments
- Content Pedagogy Assessment, or edTPA
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics or the equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university
- Seeking initial teaching certification in middle or secondary education
- Desire to teach mathematics related courses in an urban middle or high school
- A minimum of 36 semester hours is required to receive your degree
- 3 semesters or 1 academic year
- Atlanta Public Schools
- Cobb County School District
- DeKalb County School District
- Fulton County School District
- Gwinnett County School District
Course Description & Classes
STEPS REQUIREMENTS DEADLINES