Social Studies Education M.A.T.
Participants in the social sciences program must choose an area of concentration. Available areas are: history, political science, geography and economics.
Dr. Chantee Earl
|Entrance Test||Undergraduate GPA||Recommendation Letters||Other Supporting Materials|
|GRE and GACE Program Admissions Test||2.50 with completed undergraduate degree||2 letters||goals statement|
In addition to the basic requirements the following is required for the M.A.T. in Social Sciences Education program:
Undergraduate degree in history, political science, geography or economics. Coursework must have included 24 hours of upper division courses in one area to form a concentration (not a combination of the four areas).
- All content courses recommended for the students by MSE and Arts and Sciences faculty upon the students’ admission to the program;
- Students must complete EXC 4020 Characteristics and Instructional Strategies for Students with Disabilities (3) or its equivalent to be eligible for recommendation for certification in addition to the program of study requirements;
- EPY 7080 The Psychology of Learning and Learners (3) and
- EDCI 6600 Introduction to Secondary Teaching (3), EDCI 7660 Practicum I (3), EDCI 7670 Practicum II (3), EDCI 7680 Practicum III (3), EDSS 6560 Principles of Social Studies Instruction (3), EDSS 7540 Theory and Pedagogy of Social Studies Instruction (3).
- Successful presentation of a professional portfolio.
- TEEMS Social Studies Education Program of Study Worksheet
- For additional program information contact the initial TEEMS adviser at 404-413-8393 or email TEEMS@gsu.edu
- For information about our GSU/TFA Collaborative Program please see http://coe.gsu.edu/tfa.
Application Deadlines & Information Sessions See Full Calendar »
There are no upcoming events.